Monday, June 23, 2008

First Day of School

Okay, I won’t lie. I probably would’ve never found the book if my boyfriend didn’t point to the exact spot it was at; because the thought of looking under the English section would never cross my mind. If I was by myself, I would search all over the UWP section, and then once more to make sure that it wasn’t there (and that my eyes weren’t going crazy on me). My last resort would be to find an employee and bug them until they found it. So I would say that my trip to the bookstore was pretty successful today. No one managed to run into me and the line to pay was fairly short. Now that we don’t have to store our backpacks and bags in the lockers the bookstore is not a complete nightmare, especially since it’s the first day of classes. I got everything I needed and I was in and out of the bookstore within fifteen minutes. Afterwards, when I was waiting for the bus I started flipping through the book and it wasn’t what I expected. It’s not a book full of grammar lessons and different writing techniques. It definitely looks way more interesting than the UWP 1 textbook I used. And as for the blogging, I think I’m already starting to get the hang of it!

1 comment:

Christopher Schaberg said...

Several people have mentioned that the lockers outside the bookstore are obsolete now. Why is this? Did they magnetically code everything in the store for security? Or did they just decide to trust the students more? I wonder what is going on there.